What are bliss balls?
In case you haven’t heard of them, bliss balls are a popular, nutrient dense snack full of delicious, 100% natural ingredients and decadent goodness. Cravings: fulfilled.
Bliss balls are easy to pop into a glass or silicone snack container if you’re on the go. They’re perfect for any time of day, made with whole, raw, unprocessed ingredients, quick and easy to make.
Bliss balls are really flexible in that you can always add or remove ingredients like adaptogens and other medicinal ingredients. Once you get the basic ratio of nuts/seeds to dates down, the world’s your oyster, really. Go wild with all of the different flavour combinations you can think of.
Here I used the the raw cacao powder and aphrodisiac tincture by Wild Bloom Botanicals.
These are sweetened naturally with medjool dates, a source of natural sugars and fiber balancing the sugars out, helping to lower the glycemic index, making dates generally acceptable for diabetic conditions as well (nature is such magic).
However, if you’re truly looking to regulate your blood sugar levels, another recipe with ethically raised animal proteins such as pasture raised boiled eggs would be a great option.
Wild Bloom Botanicals aphrodisiac tincture
The Wild Bloom Botanicals aphrodisiac tincture is a blend of herbs that help stimulate a healthy libido, nourish the reproductive system, and promote feelings of joy. Beneficial for any gender, it contains hibiscus, damiana, red raspberry leaf, muira puama, ashwagandha, and rose.
All Wild Bloom Botanicals offerings are 100% organic or wildcrafted without fillers, additives, or any other ingredients.
- Pure, Natural, Non-GMO
- Alcohol-Free, No Hidden Fillers
- Concentrated Liquid Herb
- Slightly Sweet Herbal Flavour
Hibiscus: In South America this plant is commonly used to assist women who feel disconnected from their body. It ignites passion that they lost touch with and opens the heart to promote a sense of loving happiness.
Damiana: The ultimate “feel good herb” that reduces stress by bringing down cortisol and balancing hormones. It is believed to introduce higher oxygen levels into the body from increased blood flow and improves the mood. Damiana is a well known as an aphrodisiac herb.
Red Raspberry Leaf: An overall hormone balancer that supports the adrenals and balances the production of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. Its high nutritional content nourishes the entire endocrine system in all genders. A secret weapon for female health.
Muira Puama: Also called “potency wood.” It is a small tree that is native to the Brazilian Amazon that is useful for boosting libido.
Ashwagandha: One of the most common reasons of declining sex drive and poor sexual performance is stress. When the stress levels are high, so is the blood pressure. When the blood pressure is high, it restricts blood flow to all the arteries, hence, becoming one of the leading causes of impotence. Not only does ashwagandha bring down stress but it acts as a powerful aphrodisiac by revitalizing the natural balance of sexual hormones.
Rose: Rose opens the energetic heart to help you feel love more freely. This flower promotes happiness and stimulates a loving sensation within the body. Rose is commonly used to treat women who feel disconnected from their hearts.
Ingredients you’ll need for these aphrodisiac bliss balls
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Raw cashews
- Wild Bloom Botanicals raw cacao powder
- Wild Bloom Botanicals aphrodisiac tincture
- Ground dandelion root
- Ground flax seed
- Sea salt
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Medjool dates
- Vanilla bean
- Shredded coconut
How to make these aphrodisiac bliss balls
In a food processor, blend up the dry ingredients into an even crumble.
Add in the wet ingredients, then scoop out tablespoonfuls of the paste to roll them into balls.
Coat each ball in shredded coconut. Store them in the refrigerator and serve chilled for best texture.
You might also like these recipes
- Peppermint matcha tonic with coconut and goat kefir
- Rose cacao bliss balls
- Cosmic gingerbread sweet potato brownies
- Rose cacao chai raw tiramisu
Thanks to Wild Bloom Botanicals for collaborating with me on this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you tried these aphrodisiac bliss balls or any other recipe on this blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below. Be sure to follow along for more inspiration at Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
May these herbs guide you on your perpetual quest of unravelling, and remember… the shadows you see are directions to the light, showing you the path and the way.
Click here for the Wild Bloom Botanicals aphrodisiac tincture!
Aphrodisiac Bliss Balls
- food processor
- Small saucepan
- 2 tbsp melted organic coconut butter or grass fed raw butter
- 2 tbsp melted organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups raw organic cashews activated if possible
- 3 tbsp raw organic Wild Bloom Botanicals cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground organic dandelion root optional
- 1 tbsp ground organic flax seed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 cup organic medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla bean
- 1 full dropper Wild Bloom Botanicals aphrodisiac tincture
- 1/2 cup shredded organic coconut
- Straight away, melt your coconut butter and coconut oil together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. It'll melt quickly, so keep an eye on it. Remove from the stove and set aside to let cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, place only the cashews for now. Blend to reduce into a fine, loose crumble. Add in the cacao powder, dandelion root, flax seed, sea salt and Ceylon cinnamon. Blend briefly with the cashews to combine.
- Add in your maple syrup, dates, vanilla and Wild Bloom Botanicals aphrodisiac tincture, then scrape in your melted coconut butter and coconut oil. Blend to reduce into a uniform, sticky paste.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out 1 tbsp of the paste and roll it into a ball. Repeat until all paste is used up. In a shallow dish, spread out the shredded coconut and roll to coat each ball in it. Best served after chilled in the refrigerator!
- These bliss balls are best after they’ve been chilled in the refrigerator as the coconut oil and coconut butter become firm.
- Store these bliss balls at room temperature in a sealed glass container, or in the refrigerator.
- The cashews or other nuts you’re using don’t have to be activated, but will be easier to digest if they are. Activating nuts and seeds involves soaking them for a day and then dehydrating them – highly recommended to minimize anti-nutrients such as phytic acid – making them more bioavailable and easy to digest.
- Double or even triple the batch so you can have a limitless supply of these nutrient bombs within arm’s reach.
- If the dough gets too firm while blending, add in a splash of filtered water. Likewise, if it gets too wet, add more nuts/seeds. You can’t really go wrong here, but if you add or remove adaptogens to your preference, this may affect the structure of the paste.
- Use seeds such as sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds if you’re not in the nut game.
- To make 25 balls, I used a level (flattened) tablespoon of paste per ball. Add more or less to your preference for ball size.