Water is life.
Water is sacred.
Water is life force; it has a memory, it stores information.
Offer her your gratitude each day, thanking her for the gift of life, for flowing through the lands, our bodies, and our souls.
Optimal hydration is serious business, it is essential to cellular functioning.
Consider how much you likely spend on nutritious foods, supplements, large lifeless electrical machines to ‘improve’ your food, drawers upon drawers of intricate cooking utensils. How much energy and $$$ do you bring towards the quality of your water, though? Maybe it’s time for a little balance.
99% of the molecules in your body is water. Did you know that mild dehydration will slow cellular metabolism by up to 5% and even a 2% drop in optimal hydration can induce cloudy thinking and fatigue, with a profound effect on your homeostasis and cognition? Other factors can affect hydration such as EMFs in the environment, and even drinking too much of the wrong water (like tap water, even if filtered, can still be flat) can hinder hydration as it passes through the body without proper cellular absorption.
Water that flows from municipal treatment plants through pipes into your tap is lifeless and though it is treated, it remains full of toxic chemicals, ‘forever chemicals‘, VOCs, agricultural runoff/pesticides, and other substances such as chlorine (kills any harmful pathogens in the water yet also destroys your gut microbiome that you’d have to repopulate again over time) and various pharmaceuticals that pass through the water treatment process. Everything we consume affects how we behave. When it flows through the pipes, houses, apartments, and businesses, it adopts and carries our collective stresses, and becomes lifeless. Do you feel that too?
Tap water for drinking needs to first be properly filtered, and then ideally restructured and remineralized for optimal hydration. The main goal here is to get the water closer to what Mother Nature intended (she knows best), on a molecular and vibrational level. Personally, I feel a substantial difference in my hydration even from properly reverse osmosis filtered water (which is still unstructured) compared to actual structured water such as spring water, grass fed and finished/ethically raised or wild caught bone broths, and from consuming boatloads of raw fruits and vegetables. #eatyourwater! Structured water, or living water flowing through natural forms like rocks creates hexagonal shaped molecules and tends to taste better and softer, but keep it away from disruptive man made EMFs and other sources of radiation such as cell phones, television, computers, certain tones of music, and microwaves.
Life is a manifestation of coherence, and water is also coherent, it has a memory. Whatever happens to a part of a body of water, the new state will spread to the rest of the water matrix (similar to the effects of sunlight on a part of bare skin passing to the rest of the body’s cellular matrix). If you add a toxin then remove it from the water, the water will remember it and act like the toxin, so restructuring filtered water to return it to a blank slate is pretty important. Structured water consists of molecules organized in a particular way that is more beneficial to the body and provides the most health benefits.
Not all water is equally coherent, but you can do a number of things to improve the quality of your water’s structure, or LIFE/prana/qi/positive orgone, whatever you want to call it. Consider the impacts of this on your body and biofield, and if you want to realize your highest potential while full of life, energy, and love.
Ingredients I used for this supercharged morning sun elixir:
- Magnesium chloride flakes (I also use Sunwarrior magnesium) – probably the most important mineral for health. Most people are depleted today. Magnesium chloride/nigari is the most bioavailable and easily absorbed form of magnesium as chloride separates into pure Mg ion in water and freely diffuses throughout the entire body. Helps convert food into energy, form proteins, gene maintenance, promotes restful sleep, metabolism, heart health, muscle support, neurotransmitter production, nervous system regulation, mood, and peace of mind. It’s the key to 42% of all enzymes (3000+) that control every process in the body. Magnesium in our soils is depleted along with other nutrients, and I’ve been learning to blend natural with some chemical (mineral) supplementation. Supplement magnesium while reducing stress that burns magnesium, or try to live near the ocean to receive more of what our ancestors consumed.
- Properly reverse osmosis filtered water OR spring water
- Freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- Chia seeds for their fiber, antioxidants and nutrients easier absorbed and assimilated in the body by soaking in the water. They can absorb up to 10-12 times their weight in liquid! If you don’t like chia seeds for some reason, feel free to omit.
- Marine phytoplankton – the brand I used, Activation Products, adds the freshly harvested marine phytoplankton to a pure, concentrated sea mineral solution (with trace minerals) that instantly stabilizes each cell in its perfect condition. It is a micro-algae single-celled organism that is rich in trace minerals, chlorophyll, essential amino acids, DHA, EPA, carotenoids, antioxidants, nucleic acids and necessary vitamins. Marine phytoplankton is a powerful food that strengthens cell membranes, helps cell regeneration, liver, brain and heart health, increases energy and promotes graceful aging. To be honest, it tastes foul, but that’s why I like to add it to this elixir – and it makes me feel great!
- Celtic sea salt – revered by health professionals and international chefs alike, Celtic sea salt is currently my ultimate salt of choice along with Mayan sea salt. It’s harvested from evaporated sea water and scraped from clay-lined pans on the coast of France. Celtic salt has a high moisture content making it really easy for our bodies to digest and use the salt’s minerals. It builds immunity, regulates blood pressure and sleep, promotes heart health, increases the body’s energy, improves brain function, and eliminates mucus buildup. Not only does it contain the full range of electrolyte cofactors like other sea salts, it’s a great source of trace minerals (from its natural colour), and helps optimize cellular hydration and long term health. For more on salt, check out Dr. James DiNicolantonio’s book, The Salt Fix. Eating more of the right salts in combination with other lifestyle factors just might save your life.
Effective water purification methods include:
- Berkey or AquaTru water purifiers. Either get a water filter, or become the water filter.
- Reverse osmosis filter (very affordable compared to plastic bottles)
- Distillation – easy and inexpensive to produce at home
- Kangen water – Kangen means “return to origin” in Japanese. Kangen water is created from the use of an alkalizing water purifier. This water has been used in Japanese hospitals for decades, and as part of Gerson therapy. I haven’t tried it myself, so I can’t personally attest to its effectiveness or how hydrated it would make me feel.
- Simple, inexpensive filters are fine for the shower
Structured water includes:
- Spring water – check contamination levels and mineral water content first (my preferred way)
- Use sunlight exposure to structure properly filtered water, as the biophotons’ UV light breaks the crystalline structure in coherent water, creating a blank slate after filtering (my preferred way – and costs nothing)
- Using cucumbers, citrus or any type of fruits in the filtered water, smoothies, or bone broths (also my preferred ways)
- Storing the water in transparent glass (such as a mason jar), clay or ceramic is ok as the materials are quasi natural and support the coherency and energy fields of water, but exposing the water to infrared and violet light will be even more effective at generating structure and coherency in the water. Green, blue, or miron (violet) glass is best for storage, not only for water’s structure and coherency, but for spices, herbs, supplements and food in general for their optimal preservation (it only lets sunlight and infrared light through, and artificial light exposure degrades the nutrients and quality). Never use plastic, not only due to the toxins, but the plastic also suffocates the energy of the water. If your own energy is stronger, you might be familiar with the ‘suffocating’ feeling from wearing plastic/polyester clothes. Metal vessels are also not ideal for water storage, and the Ayurvedic tradition of briefly drinking water from naturally antibacterial copper vessels does have merit, but it still isn’t optimal for longer term water storage. As of the time of writing and to the best of my knowledge, longer term storage of water in reusable glass Flaska bottles is currently one of the best ways to maintain the structure and coherence of your water aside from sunlight exposure. Transferring structured water to drinking glasses can actually downgrade the water, so try drinking directly from the Flaska bottle if you have one. Flaska bottles are specially built to allow the water to move in a specific spiral motion within the bottle, but round glass pitchers are also a great option to support the natural flow and structure of water.
- Using biomimicry tools such as a structured water vortex (spiraled, similar to how water moves in nature), Flaska bottle, orgonite, shungite, Tensor rings, placing water near a natural salt rock lamp, installing copper water spiralling pipes, or a Somavedic, though these can get very expensive and won’t be as potent as sunlight itself
- Well water should generally be avoided unless you can get a metal analysis on the water
- Electrolytes and pH balance are important factors to consider
- If you’re feeling it, try praying/giving gratitude, or playing music with Solfeggio tones to the water. Helpful frequencies and healing music can be beneficial for water, plants, and you! Infrared light, violet light, magnetism, sound, and intentions are all valid energy sources to transfer to your water.
Remineralized water can include:
- Plain or fizzy, unflavoured mineral water commonly sold in glass (never plastic) bottles, such as Gerolsteiner or San Pellegrino
- Trace minerals such as naturally occurring fulvic and humic minerals – as always, aim for a brand you personally trust. I hear good things about the Aussie brand. The Inner Vitality brand that I used is an all natural, completely organic dietary supplement for humans, animals and plants! Chelated from ancient plant matter rich in essential minerals, vitamins, trace elements and amino acids in a pH balanced state, Inner Vitality fulvic-humic blend is a rich source of bioavailable fulvic acid, humic acid, and micro and macro mineral nutrients. The fulvic and humic acids are organic compounds that act as organic mineral carriers and detoxifiers, and even heavy metal chelators. Research results suggest that humic and fulvic acid complexes enhance mineral and trace element uptake, supporting the maintenance of mineral and trace element balances without harmful buildup in body and plant cells. One of the best sources of fulvic/humic minerals is harvested in an area of New Mexico known as the Fruitland Formation – an incredibly vast and unique area that was once a large Cretaceous estuary where fresh and saltwater met. The conditions here were ideal for incredibly rich and abundant plant life to thrive. Don’t overdo it, though – FHC is like a multivitamin and too much at once can be toxic, and it’s smart to be conscious of trace mineral overdose, especially with regards to children. Personally I’m trying one dose (1/4 tsp) once a week, cycled on and off at the moment to rebuild myself, but only you will know what your body needs. Keep in mind that soils (and thus the food supply) are increasingly depleted of minerals due to current aggressive agricultural practices (even organics, though I still consume them), and so it would be easy these days to be deficient in these minerals.
- Shilajit, (meaning ‘rock-invincible’ in Sanskrit) is an ancient, brain-boosting, hormone-regulating, medicinal herb, a rich natural organic source of fulvic and other vital minerals. It is a thick, blackish-brown mineral pitch resin that oozes out of cracks at high altitudes in mountains around the world as the summer heat raises the temperature of the rock. It is highly potent so a little goes a long way. I’d recommend to keep things simple and take shilajit as a sole mineral supplement source, not combined with other forms of trace minerals. You can take shilajit powder twice a day with liquids. The recommended dose of shilajit is 125 to 300 to 500 mg per day in normal temperatures. Shilajit is a safe adaptogen that can promote enhanced cognitive and physical abilities, and massive restoration of health and well being including reducing pain, anxiety, stress and inflammation, supporting the endocrine system, improving libido, and extending one’s lifespan. It should not be used with horse gram, pigeon meat, or the solanum nigrum plant. Raw and unprocessed Shilajit should not be used as it contains a significant amount of free radicals, heavy metals, and has been found to be contaminated with different fungal organisms that can be toxic. If it’s solid at room temperature, the quality is questionable. Shilajit should taste bitter, have a brownish-blackish color and melt in your hand. It’s truly a ‘superfood’ referred to as Amrita or the Elixir of Life in yogic wisdom and can be used judiciously in various ailments because of its qualities. Click here for Sunfood‘s raw shilajit. Though it is raw, upon further investigation, this particular brand is tested to be free of pollutants, so whether you consider using it is up to you.
- Adaptogens, nootropics, spagyric tinctures, or Taoist tonic herbs of your choice – foods such as local organic/wildcrafted roots, stems, berries, leaves, medicinal mushrooms and the like can add a nutritional punch and the essence of the plants’ spirits to your water.
- Keep it as simple as you need to. I’m personally not too big on unnecessary, excessive pills or supplements as my diet does most of the work, and most of the food based supplements should be cycled on and off over a long period of time. I believe you will intuitively know when your body needs them or not. You can’t out-supplement a poor diet, but I do recognize the many benefits of at least some natural mineral supplementation in today’s world especially for rebuilding your biology after a lifetime including formative years affected by malnutrition, and for optimal mood, cognition, energy, cellular function, metabolic and mitochondrial health, sense of purpose, and more. I encourage you to do your research before taking supplements, and to look for proof of heavy metal testing and certifications for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP logo) as well as the Natural Products Association’s TruLabel program, which includes random testing of supplements.
- Never underestimate the importance of minerals and trace minerals for the body. They are the catalysts for vitamins and other nutrients your body uses for promoting and maintaining homeostasis.
The optimal way to consume this sun elixir: in the morning, with sunlight exposure on bare skin, dissolve a single crystal of Celtic sea salt on your tongue, followed by the elixir. This will allow the water you consume to properly enter your cells for hydration.
Occasionally check in with yourself to see how the water makes you feel. Stick with the things that work for you, and ditch the ones that don’t. Let me know about your own combinations in the comments!
Enjoy and stay wild.
Supercharged Morning Sun Elixir (Remineralized Water)
- 1 liter spring water OR filtered water, half boiled until warm or cold organic plain coconut water
- 1/2 freshly squeezed organic lime or lemon
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 full dropper organic marine phytoplankton ideally nannochloropsis gaditana algae
- 1 tsp magnesium chloride (nigari) flakes, OR magnesium glycinate optional
- 2 tsp organic chia seeds optional
- 1/4 tsp trace minerals of your choice such as shilajit (I used fulvic/humic minerals) optional, cycle usage
- 1/4 tsp organic/di Tao tonic herbs of your choice, such as stems, leaves, roots, barks, and/or mushrooms optional, cycle usage
- The taste of magnesium chloride can be pretty bitter especially when concentrated or if you’re deficient (you probably are), so I like to use fresh citrus to balance it out and for its naturally structured water. Excessive magnesium can actually have a laxative side effect, but it’s the single most important mineral vital to countless processes in the body that most people are deficient in. Take it only if you feel that you need it.
- Most of the time, you need more magnesium than you think. Consuming magnesium flakes is one route of supplemental administration, but organic whole foods and the ocean are the original sources of magnesium, and float tanks can also be a good source of topical/transdermal magnesium. Food sources of magnesium include oat straw, red clover, horsetail, nettle, basil, dill, sage, leafy greens, nuts and seeds, legumes, fruit, and wild caught seafood. Find what works best for you, over time I’ve found that my body mostly just prefers whole foods and topical magnesium/the ocean when possible.
- Diversify your mag types as needed. Magnesium chloride/nigari is most bioavailable and easily absorbed, and it’s a staple for me. It’s the only kind I use at the moment. Other types such as magnesium glycinate, magnesium taurate, and magnesium citrate are also better absorbed than others, and different types can affect different aspects of the body. I like magnesium chloride (oral and transdermal) the most, as the ions are freely diffused throughout the entire body.
- I highly recommend you consume this elixir under natural sunlight, as the sunlight will interact with your biology and all substances you consume for optimal benefits. The same applies to food!
- Disclaimer: not medical advice, these are natural mineral supplements and foods. Always do your research and consult a trusted holistic health practitioner before embarking on new protocols that will realistically fit into your daily life.